Friday, June 24, 2016

Term is over!




It's been such a long, challenging term. Tonight, we marked its end with manicures, Nando's, and a happy half-hour of craft supplies shopping.

Now it's onwards and upwards to two weeks of winter holidays for the kids, and one week of working around them for me and one week of shared holidays, yippee!

We have little planned for the coming week while I must work, but I suspect it's going to involve rather a lot of reading, watching Doctor Who and Stargate, doing crafts, painting, playing Minecraft, and walking with the dog. The two elder kids and I are also doing our own family writing challenge - like a mini-NaNoWriMo - where we are going to try to get 500 words a day down on our respective projects.

But it's cold, and we're all tired. Yes, I need to work at least 4 of the coming 7 days before commencing my leave next Friday afternoon, but it'll all be at home. I think we're going to all need a lot of time at home, some hibernating time, some cave time, to recouperate.

We got through a long, busy term. It involved assessments and workloads, tournaments and an operation. It had trials and tribulations, performances and learning, stresses and excitements. Every day had its demands. Now here we are, on the other side, and ready for the reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment