Thursday, November 26, 2015

Tired

I'm getting tired. The Month of All The Words is combining with work, the hectic social and school whirl of this time of year, and a dip in my thyroid levels to wear me down, and I'm feeling the beginnings of a fatigue slump coming.

Proper rests will be difficult until after Christmas, so I'm just going to have to make do with improper ones - stealing time when I need to so I can gear down, even if only for a few hours. Case in point: yesterday, I hit an unexpected pause in my work project, so instead of doing what I maybe should have (trying to get a grip on Mount Papermore on my desk, doing Christmas or birthday prep, doing housework), I just wrote my novel then went to the movies with my husband.

There's not much I can do about the big committments in my life, but getting through these hectic times when I'm tiring out is largely a matter of not sweating the small stuff, and trying to be kind to myself. That's going to have to be my motto for December, I think.

This is post 26 in NaBloPoMo. 26 down, 4 to go!

1 comment:

  1. I am also working on not sweating the small stuff. I think it is one of my biggese\t improvements this year - but I still have a long way to go!

    ReplyDelete