Saturday, November 28, 2015

First dinner party

We had my Dad's birthday dinner here tonight, which was also my first opportunity to produce a proper dinner party type effort out of the new kitchen. It was SUCH a good experience. I did roast beef and roast veg at Dad's request, and made a chocolate mudcake for birthday cake. Everything worked so well, the kitchen was so spacious to work in, the clean-up was easier than ever before, and my parents, brother and brother's partner all liked the new kitchen, which was also pretty gratifying.

It was so nice to see everyone. I love my family, and we don't catch up often. My parents, and my brother and his partner, all live on the other side of town (close to each other, but a solid hour in good traffic from us), and we're all busy people, especially in school termtime. I wish we could see them oftener, but in reality-land, we need to just try to make the most of the times we do get together.

So this is where our lovely new kitchen really hits its stride, and where I am seeing the value in the money and disruption it cost. Being able to host meals for family and friends more easily and pleasurably is a great plus, just as much as the inprovement in our day-to-day family meal-making.

This is post 28 in NaBloPoMo. 28 down, 2 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment