Monday, October 5, 2015

Goal-setting: October

The month is already afoot, but it's time to think about October goals, starting with a review of September's.

In September, my goals were:

FAMILY

- Have at least one family outing somewhere we haven't been before in Melbourne
Status: Achieved. My husband took the kids to Bounce trampolining playground, and we all went to two new restaurants that we had never tried before.

- Have, and enjoy, our next family mini-holiday.
Status: Definitely achieved, as yesterday's post demonstrates!


WRITING

- Submit at least two poems for consideration of publication or competitions.
Status: Achieved. I submitted three poems to different places in September.

- Write, and deliver, 2x Booker Prize review pieces.
Status: Over-achieved. Reviews of The Fishermen, The Green Road, The Moor's Account, The Year of the Runaways and Satin Island published, as well as a shortlist overview piece.


WORK

- Perform the booked days of paid freelance work, and plan for a break in October.
Status: Modified, and achieved. I did indeed perform 16 days of work in September, but as my projects (both) got extended, I will now be doing at least 14 days in October. November break instead!!

- Promote my services through professional networks.
Status: Deferred. I decided to hold off on this as I have plenty of booked work at the moment.


COMMUNITY & SOCIAL

- Have a great Father's Day with my family.
Status: Achieved. It was a lovely day.

- Do 2x volunteering activities.
Status: Achieved. 2 x school cooking sessions, plus a shift at a community BBQ.


HABITAT & LIFE MANAGEMENT

- Get my filing sorted out!! (Super sick of losing paperwork)
Status: Ahhhhhh ... no.

- Sort out the kitchen contents, getting rid of all no longer used or needed appliances & crockery
Status: Started, but not completed. We have until 23 October to do this, so it's a carryover goal.


So that's a score of 7.5 done, 1 deferred, and only 1 completely failed ... not too bad overall. On to October!

FAMILY

- Have a fun Halloween as a family, including holding a little party for the kids' friends
- Have one-on-one outings with each member of my family.


WRITING

- Plan out my NaNoWriMo project and begin world-building for it.
- Write, and deliver, 2x review pieces.

WORK

- Perform the booked days of paid freelance work, and plan for a break in November.
- Promote my services through professional networks.

COMMUNITY & SOCIAL

- Host a dinner or brunch for friends.
- Do 2x volunteering activities.

HABITAT & LIFE MANAGEMENT

- Do and submit my second girl's high school application (gulp)
- Sort out the kitchen contents, getting rid of all no longer used or needed appliances & crockery BEFORE 23 October (kitchen installation date is 24 October)

Let's see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment