Thursday, April 23, 2015

Writing goals

RIGHT. WRITE.

I am almost 42 years old, and it's time I stopped letting being scared that my writing is crap hold me back from finding out if it is actually crap.

So here's what I'm going to do - because saying it out loud makes it more likely to happen. At least it does for me.

  • I'm going to submit 10 poems this year for either consideration for publication, or for consideration in competitions.
  • I'm going to finish my first draft of my novel!
  • I'm going to write, and submit, at least 6 review / non-fiction pieces
  • I'm going to write and submit at least 2 short stories for either consideration for publication, or for consideration in competitions.
 This is my 2015 manifesto: it's going to be the year when being anxious about failure doesn't stop me from actually failing. And failing again. And failing better.

(Part of my mental warm-up for the Emerging Writers Festival at the end of May ... time for me to start practicing some emergence!)

No comments:

Post a Comment