Monday, October 27, 2014

On Creative NaBloPoMo

So I indicated a while back on Twitter that I was mourning (again) my lack of ability to try NaNoWriMo this year. For the third year in a row, circumstances preclude - in 2012 I was swamped with contracting work, in 2013 I was still settling into my fulltime job, and this year I am struggling with ongoing health issues.

I've decided, instead, to do a cut-down, more manageable, writing project in November - NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month) but as a creative endeavour. Every day in November, I'm going to post something here that stretches a nerve or two. Poems, short-short stories, prose sketches, maybe even some fan-fiction ... we'll see what blows in on the spring wind. Some days will be yellow, some days blue, in keeping with my current state of transience in my own head. A lot of it will be garbage but sometimes getting the garbage out on the kerb has a value, too.

If anyone wants to play along, happy to set up a linky thing - just let me know. I'll be doing it anyway, even if it's just the sound of one hand clapping.

No comments:

Post a Comment