Wednesday, October 26, 2011

November - the month of the words

I've been planning to do NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) again this year pretty much since I somewhat astounded myself by finishing last year's effort (a middle grade detective novel) - I wrote 51,000 words in 30 days, and have subsequently written an ending and polished that manuscript into a 55,000 word completed story. I enjoyed the experience last year so enormously, and was so satisfied with achieving the goal, that there was never any doubt that I'd have a stab again.

Then I saw that Karen at Miscellaneous Mum is going to do NaNo AND its blogly cousin, NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month)... both in November.

Holy words on fire, Batman!

But what the hey, if Karen's prepared to give it a try, so am I. Unlikely and foolhardy as it may seem, I'm going to give it a go to do both NaNoWriMo and NaBloPoMo together in November.


So that's a month where I'm going to:

- post here every day (some of them might be image-heavy, mind you)
- write at least 50,000 words on a new middle grade novel
- plan for and prepare for Christmas seasonal things
- attend at least one and usually 2 or more functions each weekend
- do about 30 hours contracting work
- as per normal, care for three children, a husband and a dog; maintain a house; shop for and prepare meals; and ferry everybody where they have to go

I might be a tiny bit over-ambitious here - how unlike me - but I'm going to try. In for a penny, in for a pound...

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea. I have done NaNoWriMo before but not the blog NaBloPo Mo think I might dive on in as well

    ReplyDelete