Friday, June 4, 2010

We interrupt the usual themes of this blog to say ...

I WON! I WON! IWONIWONIWONIWON!! (Also, I won!)

I entered the Nuffnang Win a Honda Odyssey for a Day competition on Childhood 101 back in May. You can read the details of the competition here. Today I had a phone call from the lovely people at Nuffnang to tell me that my entry was the winner and I now get the incredible luxury of 24 hours in a Honda Odyssey. The announcement is here.

We are in the market for a people-mover at the moment - with three kids we fill our trusty Holden station wagon to the brim with our own family, and this is proving often problematic for us. My mother-in-law is elderly and infirm, and we'd love to be able to take her out more often at weekends, but we physically can't at the moment unless the baby & I stay home and my husband & the older kids take her. Moreover, I am trying to be a contributing member of school car pools, but I can only take 1 extra child with me, which doesn't do the job most of the time. Thus, we've been looking to trade our 6-year-old station wagon for a people mover in early 2011. (We only have one family car - for a bunch of reasons - and that won't change, just the style of vehicle will).

As we started to do our research, my husband flagged pretty quickly that he favoured either the Odyssey or the Volkswagen Caddy Maxi. These are both great vehicles but deciding which will suit our needs is hard without the chance to put them properly through their paces. Now we have the perfect opportunity to road-test (literally!) the Odyssey, with children, mother-in-law and more on board.

Time to get on the phone to start checking my mother-in-law's availability for a day of adventuring ;-) I'm hoping to schedule it for during the school holidays when husband has a few days off. Squeee!!!

7 comments:

  1. That's fantastic news!! Enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations ... how lovely to win something so cool. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news..................enjoy!!!
    we have an 8 seater van and its great....no fighting over windows.plus plenty of room for friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations.
    My brother has an Odyssey (for yrs , now they onto their 2nd).
    A few weeks ago we had to borrow it when we left them with my car (with the carseats) while they minded the boys.
    The front seats are heated and mine was on high but we didn't know how to turn it down till the return trip. So I had a hot butt LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations :)
    sounds like a fabulous opportunity to test out what could be your new family car :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you and hope you have a marvellous time. Take lots of photos to share, okay?

    ReplyDelete