Monday, May 24, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - Back to Work Week

After my week of flex leave last week to enjoy my middle child's 5th birthday and prepare for her big fairy party, I'll have some catching up to do this week with work, and unusually for me, I need to go into the office on two separate days. I normally work my part-time hours from home with limited attendance for meetings, on average no more than 3 hours per fortnight, so being away from home for a total of 9 hours this week will be very different for all of us. So this week's menu reflects that increased busyness.

Monday - Oven-baked pumpkin risotto with not-bacon (V)
Warming and delicious!

Tuesday - Beef lasagne with salad
This is a definite family favourite and the recipe makes enough for two meals, so I'll freeze a portion for next week.

Wednesday - Pasta with tomato-basil sauce (V)
I'll be at work from 9:30 until 2:30 this day, then will swing by home, pick up the younger girls from the babysitter, then get the eldest from school, and head directly to gymnastics, after which we'll be heading to husband's work to collect him. I won't be home & able to cook until 6:00pm, so pasta it is - 8 minutes from start to plate!

Thursday - Sausages, orange mash & steamed greens
I'm off to a seminar in the city for work for a few hours in the middle of the day, and as I often do food prep in that zone while baby sleeps, this is another easy-eating night. My husband is taking the day off and will be at home with the younger kids and he likes to cook bangers & mash ... so that's what he'll do!

Friday - Polenta-crumbed white fish fingers (with whatever white fish I can get from the fishmongers), home-cut potato wedges and corn on the cob

Saturday - Beef stroganoff with rice
I've had a request for this one!

Sunday - Sweet potato, roast pepper and haloumi salad (adults); vegetarian noodles (kids) (V)
I made up this salad a while ago and we both love it. The kids are not super-keen, however, so they'll have noodles instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment